- 2 cans (8 oz. each) pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) smoked sausage
- ½ cup Maraschino cherries drained and halved
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice and set both aside.
- In a large saucepan combine cornstarch, salt, maple syrup, water, vinegar, and reserved pineapple juice. Stir until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the green peppers and cook 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile in a skillet, cut smoked sausage into 1-inch slices; brown and drain.
- Add the sausage, cherry halves, and reserved pineapple to saucepan and heat through.